Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bible Chapter: Ezekiel 41 & 42

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
We find here a greater description in much detail about the Temple that will be built.  This is different from Solomon’s Temple.  With all the detail, there are still some areas that are not included. Nothing is written about the altar of incense, the ark of the covenant or the lampstand.  There is no explanation given for these omissions.  We just know that God knows what He is doing.  Also, we can see that God wanted His people to know that they were not abandoned and that God’s glorious presence would once again fill the Temple.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
I can’t see the future.  I can only base my confidence and hope on the solid promises of God.  I can know some of the details, but have to trust God that He really does know what is going on and will guide the outcomes.  Beyond that, I cannot really know.  That is fine, for it is incumbent on believers to trust God, because He has chosen to give us one day at a time.  His mercies are new every morning and He is faithful.

3.  How can I help someone?
Trust God and don’t try to figure out everything.  It is fun to try to figure out what will come in the future, but we can’t.  This is where trusting God comes in.  Can you trust Him?  Really?  Then put your trust into practice in daily life.