Friday, October 31, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 61 & 62

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    King David gave us some great advice here. He prayed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I. He expressed how God had always been a shelter for him and was a strong tower of protection from the enemy. Because of that he would abide in the Lord’s Tabernacle forever and trust in the shelter of His wings. He said he would praise the name of God forever and would daily perform his vows. He had truly learned to trust in God.
    King David expressed again that only God is his rock and salvation. Only God is his defense, so that he will not be greatly moved. He said that his soul waited for God alone because God is his salvation. He encouraged his readers to trust in God at all times and pour out their hearts before Him because God is our refuge.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    I believe that I need to continually hear over and over the encouragement to put my trust fully in God. He really is the only refuge and strength that we have. God’s track record is that He does not let us down but that He is there for us to call on him at any time. We will always run into people who are out to hurt us. We can continually put our trust in the all mighty power of God.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I think of the passage in Proverbs that says we are to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and not lead on our own understandings. If we will acknowledge God in everything, He will direct our paths. That is really good advice for everyone to follow.