Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 27 & 28

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    Because the Lord is my light and my salvation, I do not have to live in fear. I can be of good courage because God says he will strengthen my heart. Therefore it is important for me to wait on the Lord. King David learned to trust in God knowing that with God’s help his enemies would stumble and fall. He also expressed the desire to dwell in the Lord’s house and behold the beauty of the Lord. This is something that people need to learn to understand, the awesomeness of being in God’s presence. David expressed the assurance that when he would cry out to the Lord, God would have mercy on him.
    There are times when it seems like God is silent. We can easily wonder if God is hearing our prayer. David cried out to God in prayer that He would not be silent to him. He cried out that God would hear the voice of his supplications. He prayed that God would deal with the wicked in the way they deserve. He again stated that the Lord is his strength and his shield and that he would praise God. He prayed for God to save His people and guide them in life.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Life is very interesting. So quickly things can go up or down. Accidents or injuries can happen suddenly and it can seem as if everything is falling apart. This is when we need to put our full trust in Jesus and not fall prey to the deception that God has abandoned us. In reading through the Psalms, I see over and over again that David called out to God in times of distress. This is a good encouragement to help me trust God when things are not going the way I want them to go.

3.  How can I help someone?
    We all need to accept the fact that there are ups and downs in life. We are in the midst of a spiritual battle, and it is important to always remember that in the end God will be victorious. So, when the challenges of life come, keep on trusting Jesus.