Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 57 & 58

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    We find a safe place in the Lord.  We find shelter.  There is safety in reaching out to God and trusting Him.  The miracles that God can do give us hope.  When opponents come, God is the refuge.  So, David exalted the name of the Lord.  God’s glory is above all the earth.  We see David’s confidence in God.  His heart is steadfast in the Lord.  He gave God the praise that only God deserves.
    There are many wicked people in the world and they bring destruction.  They are a poison to society.  David called for God to break them, destroy them.  The righteous will rejoice when the time comes that God judges them and rejoice in the reward of the righteous.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    I think of the words of an old song - there is a place of quiet rest, near to the heart of God.  That is a powerful reminder of where I need to stay.  In my ramblings through life I have been brought to that place where there is not quiet rest, and I need to always seek to stay close to HIM so I am not overwhelmed by the noise of the oppressor.  The safest place is always in the Lord.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people be continually pointed to the place of safety and hope in the Lord.  That is the best place we can ever be.