Monday, October 27, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 53 & 54

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    There are many foolish denials regarding God.  Here we see those who claim that He doesn’t exist.  I see other foolish claims that, on the surface don’t deny God’s existence, and yet just as foolishly deny His work and power.  In the name of knowledge and science we hear that everything in nature just happened.  To say that God created the universe brings up the hatred and ire of these folks who say it is foolish to credit the Divine Creator.  It looks to me that this is just as foolish as saying that God doesn’t exist.
    God, save me.  Hear my prayer and deliver me.  God, you are my helper.  Lord, repay my enemies.  David was reaching out to God in a very difficult time.  He faced many opponents in his life.  He knew that God was the only One who delivered him from his troubles.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Looking to God when life is bringing problems is the best solution.  David obviously was not one of the folks who didn’t believe in God.  He had seen too many examples of God’s power and intervention in life.  He relied on God’s intervention to deal with his enemies.  These are good examples to follow.  For all who trust God, He really IS our helper and He is the One who delivers us out of trouble.

3.  How can I help someone?
    God IS, and He is the direction we must all travel as we journey through life.  Getting closer to God makes all the difference in the world.  Never try to face life’s challenges without being in submission to God.  He always has the best ways.