Monday, November 3, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 63 & 64

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    The psalmist is writing about earnestly seeking God. This is something that everyone who calls themselves a believer in the Lord needs to have as a normal part of their life. Each one needs a deep longing for God that is only fulfilled in a close personal relationship with Him. It is a good thing for every believer to ask themselves if they really long for the presence of God in their life. It is too easy to go through life only focusing on what we can have in this world. Study in the Bible and serving God need to be more important than our own personal desires.
    God is our protection. The psalmist prayed for the Lord to keep him in His secret place. Whether there is a literal physical threat, or a spiritual threat in the battles against evil, we can go to God for His protection. Because of God’s great power we can have confidence in Him.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    How close can I get to God? That is a question that comes up often in reading the Psalms. And the answer must be that I continually strive to get closer to him than I am now. The deception of the enemy wants me to think that it doesn’t matter what I do or if I try to stay close to God. That is simply a very dangerous lie that I must always reject. It does make a difference in life when a person is living in obedience to and growing closer to God.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people think about who they trust and rely on. I want them to see that the greatest source of protection and hope is found in living the life submitted to Jesus. He has given us the amazing promise that He will never leave us or forsake us.