Monday, January 5, 2015

Bible Chapter: Proverbs 3 & 4

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    Writing about the Book of Proverbs is a challenge. To pick out just a few key thoughts is tough.  I’ll try.  Son, let your heart keep my commands.  Hear, my children, the instruction of a father.  The importance of the guidance of parents who love their children cannot be over emphasized.  The loss of Godly parental influence in our world is a major factor in the problems we face.  Trust God with all your heart and let God direct your paths.  Keep your heart with all diligence, for every issue of life comes from it.  Get wisdom and avoid the path of evil.  Wisdom will preserve you.  Honor God with what your possess and with the firstfruits of your increase.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of the best-known passages in the book.  Trust God with all your heart.  Trust Him and don’t lean on your own understanding.  Let God direct your paths in life.  It is so easy to feel that we (I) have all the answers.  Putting trust in God and letting His wisdom be the guiding force is the best.  It is the only factor that will make life and eternity complete.  I see so much so-called wisdom coming from various sources that doesn’t come close to what really makes a difference in life.  It’s not wisdom, it is a big lie.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I guess I will say this more than once in reading this book: study all the wisdom it contains and seek God to grow in the guidance God gives.  And the, apply it to life.  It is the best and it really works.  Keep diligent control of your heart.