Friday, November 21, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 91 & 92

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    What an awesome place to dwell, in the shadow of the Almighty. How encouraging it is to say that God is my refuge and my fortress. How uplifting to be able to say that I trust in God. God’s word says that we can come under His protection and find refuge with our faithful Lord. Because of this we do not need to live in fear for there is strength and protection in the Lord. We find the greatest satisfaction in life trusting in Him.
    One of the most amazing gifts that our Creator gave to us is the gift of music. One might ask why music exists at all. We have music to use as one of the ways that we can bring worship and praise to God. It is a good thing to praise the Lord with music. We can sing for joy at the works of God’s hands and be filled with gladness of heart. There are senseless people who do not understand the glories of God. They will spring up and be quickly gone forever. God will be eternally victorious.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Psalm 91 has been a blessing and encouragement to millions of people as they have been in very difficult situations. Countless people who felt that life was threatened have found encouragement in this Psalm. I want to continually dwell in the shadow of the Almighty and find my refuge in Him. I want to continue to joyfully sing to the Lord for He is worthy of all the praise.

3.  How can I help someone?
    While there are many events in life that bring sorrow, we do not need to live in fear. This is especially true for all believers in Jesus. He will be our protector and we can find shelter in Him.