Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 67 & 68

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    Lord, it is vital that you are known in all the earth. People need to know Your salvation. The nations will be glad and sing for joy for You Lord, judge the people righteously. Let all the people praise the Lord.
    We can celebrate God’s great reign over all the earth. His enemies will be scattered and flee before him. The righteous will be glad and rejoice before the Lord. We can see the heart and compassion of God as the father to the fatherless and the defender of widows. God has all power and we can be assured that, in the end, He will be victorious. He is the God of eternal salvation.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    God is awesome. That is something that we need to continually be reminded of, that there is nothing too hard for God and that He is the victor. God has all strength and He is worthy to receive all of our praise. As I continue to learn to apply these truths in my life I can better trust Him in everything that I experience. I am reminded of the passage that tells me to trust in the Lord with all my heart. I am also reminded that Jesus promised to never leave me or forsake me.

3.  How can I help someone?
    What do you do with the challenges of life? This is a question that everyone must think about and answer. And the answer must be somehow tied in with putting their trust fully in God and leaning on Him and his way of life and salvation. I want to help people see God as He wants to be seen.