Friday, November 14, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 81 & 82

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    God is worthy to receive great praise. Believers have the privilege to raise a song of honor and worship to the Lord. God has shown His mighty power as the Deliverer and the Provider. God’s people have the privilege of worshiping Him and rejecting foreign gods. He is the one who brought Israel out of the land of Egypt. Unfortunately many people did not heed His voice. So God said He gave them over to their own stubborn heart to walk in their own ways. God’s deepest desire was that His people would listen to Him and walk in His ways so that He could subdue their enemies.
    We know that God is the righteous judge and He is the defender of the poor and fatherless. It is God’s hand that frees people from the wicked.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    God is worthy to be praised because of who He is. I want to experience the joy and privilege of making a joyful noise to the Lord. At all times He is worthy to be praised. I want to serve Him so that I don’t drift into the condition described in this Psalm of people who have a stubborn heart and walk in their own councils. I want to listen to God and follow his ways.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people see the blessing of focusing on who God is and worshiping Him because He is worthy to be praised. I want to help people see that the byproduct of their worship is the blessing of experiencing God’s presence and power. Living life in obedience to God and submission to Him is always the best.