Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bible Chapter: Psalms 121 & 122

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    What is the source of all the help we need in life? We see here that our help comes from the Lord, who made the heaven and earth. We are also told that God, who keeps his people, is never a sleep. He is always available to give us the strength and help we need. The Lord is also our source of preservation from the impact and destruction of evil, for He will preserve the souls of those who trust in Him.
    David expressed a delight that many people do not understand. He talked about being glad to go to the house of the Lord. He knew how to joyfully experience the presence and fellowship of God and the blessing of being with other believers. God’s house was not a boring place, but an exciting setting to enjoy God’s love and power.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    I have gone to church all my life. Since my father was a pastor, we went to just about every service that ever happened in the church. There are many people who would equate this with punishment. But, it is not punishment, but it is an opportunity to come into God’s presence and get to know Him as Lord and Savior. David wrote that he was glad when they said to go to the house of the Lord. I know that one of the problems in going to church is that many church services are dull and boring. It is up to those in leadership to seek God and to be alive in what they do in church. As a pastor myself, this is an instruction I must follow and never make God boring.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people look up to the Lord for their help and be assured that God is never too busy to be there for them. Truly, God is our keeper who will preserve us from the destruction of evil. As each person grows closer to God they will know the joy of being in God’s presence.