Monday, March 10, 2014

Bible Chapter: Joshua 15 & 16

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    In writing about the chapters I am reading in the Connect2LIFE reading program, I have to be honest that there are times when it is a challenge to write a response.  These two chapters fit in that category.  What can you write about geographical descriptions of land distribution?  We find here very detailed information about which tribes got which parcels of land.  Exciting, isn’t it?
    But, God has included every part of the Bible for a reason.  I believe that at least part of the reason for these chapters is to show God’s plan and fulfillment of His promises.  The nation of Israel was looking for a land God had promised.  They were to all received a place to live and prosper.  Here we see that God is concerned with the details and He really does know what He is doing.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    What can I apply?  God not only knows what He is doing for the whole world, He knows what He is doing for me and my life.  He has a personal concern and plan.  I have sometimes struggled with this whole process.  Not that I think God doesn’t know what He is doing, but that the process, the timing, the lessons learned in my wanderings through life don’t always fit my plan and timing.  Seeing how God brings life together is exciting as I can look back.  So, the application?  Trust God and follow His directions.

3.  How can I help someone?
    The instructions for safely crossing a railroad track while driving have always included: stop, look and listen.  That works out well for life, as well.  Stop, look at what God is doing and listen to what He is saying.