Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Bible Chapter: Song of Solomon 3 & 4

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    We see the love songs continue. The bride expressed her continual longing for and seeking after the one she loves. The groom expresses the fact that he is enamored with her beauty and there is no one like her.
    In this chapter we see three figures of speech.  They point out that the young woman had kept her virginity.  She was sexually pure on her wedding night. This is God’s plan.  In spite of the face that some so-called experts tell us today this cannot happen, virginity until marriage is God’s sexual standard of purity for everyone. Those who violate this divine standard disgrace themselves and disobey God. Premarital sex cheapens the wedding night when the marriage is designed to be consummated by sexual intimacy. Those who break God’s laws in this matter steal something very special from themselves that they can never get back.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    I am thankful for the good teaching that I received as I was growing up. I was taught blessings of marriage and the lessons of faithfulness in marriage.  I continue my love for my wife and desire to be married to her. Our commitment purity before marriage and faithfulness in marriage is a blessing in our lives.

3.  How can I help someone?
    God’s plan for love and marriage between a man and a woman is a great gift He has given to the world.  I want to help people understand that they will never do any better than to follow God’s plan for marriage and let the blessings add to their life.