Friday, February 6, 2015

Bible Chapter: Isaiah 1 & 2

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    Isaiah was a very unique and amazing prophet.  He ministered to the nation over a period of about 50 years and four kings of Judah. Unfortunately, there were many people who had turned away from serving God and soon He was correcting the nation. They were told that unless God had left them a small remnant, they would have become like Sodom. The people were making sacrifices but, because their hearts were not in them, they were futile before the Lord. God called for them to put away the evil that they were doing and become clean. He said that even though their sins were horrible, they could be forgiven and made new. If they would be willing and obedient they could eat the good of the land.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    The book of Isaiah tells us both of God’s judgment and His provision of salvation for those who would believe. God spoke clearly to His people that they had brought problems on themselves because of their sinful actions. Sin brings judgment. While there are many people who try to say that God’s love precludes any judgment on His part, the Bible is clear that God judges sin. The Bible is also clear that God forgives sin. I want to be sure that I continually live in obedience to God’s way, never forgetting that the choice of a place in eternity is up to me and what I do. I want to continue to remind myself of the importance of obedience.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people see both the righteousness and mercy of God. Everyone needs to understand that God created the world and people so that we could have a close walk in fellowship with Him. God gives us the responsibility to submit to Him and obey His commands. Obedience leads to a life of knowing that God is with us whatever the path of life may bring.