Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Bible Chapter: II Corinthians 3

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    Paul talked about their calling and effectiveness as ministers of the Gospel.  The believers in Corinth were a letter written of the impact of their work of ministry.  He was not bragging about how awesome they were in ministry, but that God had given them the gifts they had.  God made them competent, meaning they were qualified and adequately empowered.  God brought the results.  Those called to ministry must remember this concept, it is God who calls and enables.
    The Spirit of God brings freedom to believers.  We are freed from the bondage and condemnation of sin.  When a person receives Jesus as their personal Savior they are made more free than they ever have been.  As the Spirit dwells in a person they enjoy the freedom from bondage.  Christians are free to do what pleases God.  It is not that they have to obey, they are free to obey and desire to do it.  One of the blessed results of this is that believers reflect the glory of God.  We are changed.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Whatever I can accomplish is only because of God’s provision of the ability.  I have often thought of the amazing advances in technology the world is experiencing.  I have to admit I don’t understand how or why any of it works.  I use much of it, but think about the fact that I could never create it.  I have come to, and continue to come to the conclusion that all the laws of science and nature are there because that’s the way God wanted it to be.  Why does “this” or “that” work?  Because that’s the way God wanted it to be.
    Why do we have so many amazing tools and toys today?  Because God is revealing secrets to people and they are “discovering” many of God’s secrets.  He could have revealed all of this thousands of years ago.  These new and amazing gadgets we have today are only because God is revealing the secrets behind them.
    What does all this mean to me?  I must be open to what God reveals through His Word and what He reveals through His Spirit.  I must remember that all glory goes to Him and do what He has called and enabled me to do.  And, I must do what He plans for me to do.

3.  How can I help someone?
    As the glory of God will shine through me, people will see the freedom they can have through Jesus.   As God transforms me, He wants to transform all who will be open to Him.