Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bible Chapter: Numbers 10

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    A few of the many verses that talk about God's strength, help and provision.
Exodus 15:2 NKJV
2 The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will exalt Him.
II Samuel 22:3 NKJV
3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, My stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You save me from violence.
Psalm 28:1 NKJV
1 A Psalm of David. To You I will cry, O LORD my Rock: Do not be silent to me, Lest, if You are silent to me, I become like those who go down to the pit.
    God promised He would be with them in their troubles as they trusted in Him.  God has all the power needed to accomplish what is needed.  God promised to rescue His people.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Following God’s ways will bring me to the place where I am to be.  Believing that He will be with me will take away panic.  God gave Israel many instructions for their journey and as long as they obeyed things went well. Even when they had a challenge, obedience brought their provision.  I must continue to remember that my strength comes from God.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want everyone to know that strength and hope comes from God.  It comes as people do things God’s way.  Yes, there will be battles and struggle.  In the long run, we will see the ultimate victory.  We haven’t seen the final defeat of the enemy, but we will.