Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bible Chapter: Revelation 16

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    This chapter talks about seven judgements that will happen at the end of the time the antichrist is controlling the earth.  These things will happen.  There will be a great war against God.  God will win.  We already know the outcome.  One amazing thought that jumped out to me was the statement “but they refused to repent”.  It is beyond comprehension to think that people can be so stubborn and deceived to refuse to repent of sin even in the midst of horrible suffering.  People will be cursing God for the things happening and still refusing to repent.  They will be in excruciating pain, but refuse to repent.  Then, the final great battle will happen and Jesus will emerge victorious.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    Don’t allow myself to get hard.  I must stay sensitive to what God says and expects.  I must not exalt self, thinking I can handle anything or that I am bigger than God.  The truths revealed throughout the Bible show that God is amazingly loving.  He is also not going to put up with sin.  We have a free will to make the choice to serve God.  I must continually make that choice to be obedient.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people see the danger of refusing to repent.  Seeing the future is part of the key.  Jesus taught about hell.  The Bible clearly lets us know it is a real place and the torment there is beyond comprehension.  Heaven is a place of beauty and peace beyond comprehension.  I want to help people make the right choice.