Friday, March 20, 2015

Bible Chapter: Isaiah 63 & 64

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    There will come a day God will judge the ungodly world. Many people oppose God and those who follow Him. We are seeing much evidence these days of people who are making unreasonable and overbearing demands on followers of Jesus to try to get them out of the mainstream of our culture. When I see these things I am reminded of the fact that some day they will be shocked as God judges them for their sin. So many have rebelled against God and grieved his Holy Spirit. They have violated who the Holy Spirit is and rejected his work in their lives.
    Isaiah longed for the same thing that so many of God’s people today long for. There is a desire to see God’s mighty presence and awesome power shown in the world. People long for what God has promised, and that is to see the great and wonderful things the Lord will do.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    As we study the Bible we can see that there is no limit to what God will accomplish. God is never perplexed by situations, thinking that He has no power to intervene. He has all power and authority. I am often reminded of this when I see the pain and struggles that so many people go through and my thoughts say that if people would only listen to and obey God, their lives would be totally different. I long for people to submit to God and reject the sinful lifestyles that keep them in bondage.

3.  How can I help someone?
    People need to be willing to open their spiritual eyes and see the truth of what is happening in their lives. This is the only way they will be set free.