Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Bible Chapter: Exodus 39 & 40

Because the Bible is practical, here are some statements to get you thinking.

1.  Write one or two key thoughts that come from today’s reading.
    Here is an encouraging verse, one that should be repeated in the lives of all who call themselves followers of Jesus.  After completing the work on the Tabernacle, Exodus 39:32 concludes “The Israelites did everything just as the Lord commanded Moses”.  To say that a person did all that the Lord commanded is one of the highest statements that can be made.  Then in verse 42 we see that the work was inspected.  It passed.
    Doing what God says to do.  We must learn this lesson and pass this test daily.  One Bible principle that we should live by is the statement “to obey is better”.  It is always better to obey God than any other option.  The writings of Moses record many times when the people failed to obey God.  Here is one time when they did exactly as God commanded.  They were blessed by their obedience.
    This book ends with some awesome verses.  A few of them are:
Exodus 40:34-35 NKJV
34 Then the cloud covered the tabernacle of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 35 And Moses was not able to enter the tabernacle of meeting, because the cloud rested above it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
    To experience the glory of the presence of God is greater than anything this world can offer.  May we seek and live in God’s glory.

2.  What can I apply in my life from the reading?
    When the construction project was completed, they anointed, they dedicated it all to the Lord.  Setting apart for God and His work is a high calling.  Aaron and his sons  were consecrated as priests.  They were set apart for serving God.  To be in God’s service is a special calling.  I must always seek God’s plan for my life and follow through with it.  New doors of opportunity will open up.  Whatever God has for me is what I want to seek and follow.  I live in a culture that says one should work for a while and then retire and play.  This book tells me that Moses was 80 years old when he took on the task of leading the nation out of slavery.  I never know what God has for me next, but I know it will never be to simply do nothing.

3.  How can I help someone?
    I want to help people find God’s best for their lives.  What is the plan and how will God use them?  Moses had three major sections of his life, each one vastly different.  In each part of his life, Moses learned valuable lessons that would take him forward.